Sunday, September 25, 2005

Bangkok for the week

Arrived in Bangkok Sunday afternoon, after checking into the Shangri-la Hotel. The girls and I cabbed it to Chatuchak Market. It was hot hot hot! Right at the front of the market as you enter from the train stations theres a store called 'On Sugar' that sells the most fabulous accessories and all kinds of pretty stuff, sequinned flower brooches, fabulous beaded earrings and rings, pretty home decor stuff and some pretty skirts and blouses. I bought a couple of rings, brooches and hair ties with the dangly beads. Too cool. The front end of the market looks like the higher end (as higher end goes in Chatuchak), also bought a couple of nice stainless steel keychains, one was a cat and the other a dog bone. Think I'll give the cat one to Kel and keep the dog bone for myself.

Venturing throught the nooks and crannies of Chatuchak we find lots of stores selling clothes, which are all too small cos they are Thai sizes, like goddamit, I'm a large for crying out loud! I bought a couple of black sleeveless T-shirts with a beaded butterfly. Again one for me and one for Kel.

The rest of Chatuchak which didnt interest us at all were more household stuff, nice wooden bowls and lamps, etc. And some random junk stores here and there. The afternoon sun was bearing down, the humidity was horrendous, I dont think I've pespired quite so much at one stretch that didnt involve gym gear. We decided to try one of the food stores to get some food. I have to say not to be a wet blanket and deciding to be a little adventurous I decided to try the food. My stomach must be on my side these days because I actually didnt suffer from it after. Which was good cos the fried chicken was spicy and crispy and yummy and sinfully bad for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home