Friday, September 09, 2005


Hong Kong for the Weekend

8.25AM: I'm late for my meeting (as usual), I'm wearing my very retro Stuart Weitzman green sandals, beige pants and sleeveless button up white shirt... tugging my trolley bag up the extremely crapped elevators to the 10th floor. Scrambling to my desk, I leave decide to leave the trolley bag right in the middle of the aisle between my desk and the partner's office... DOH good move Kyra... lucky for me Wendy moved it for me. Thanks you Wendy . Wouldn't want a newly made partner to trip and fall over my trolley bag cos of lil ol me.

3:00PM: I've been running around the office all day, in meetings and out...finally slam shut the laptop and hop into a cab to the airport. Its been a crazy day, I almost fall asleep in the cab, my phone rings, its Cheryl... she's at the airport.. having a smoke outside while she waits for me. Right on time...

5:10PM: China airlines is one of the smallest planes i've ever been in besides those Silkair planes that we take to Phuket . Hopefully, noone smelly sits beside me. Wooohooo.. its just me and Cheryl, so we got the extra window seat empty beside us

9:30PM: We arrive in Hong Kong.... Yaaaaaaayyyyy.. safe... no major dramas on China Airlines. And theres Elaine waiting for us at the airport. We ran into Lionel on the plane up so we're gonna try hook up with him later tonite.

10:30PM: The hotel is pretty decent... thanks god... I absolutely hate dodgy hotels. Its the Cosmopolitan Hotel on Queens Road East, WanChai. The rooms are nice and pretty new so we're happy.

Midnight: Lionel says to meet him at the 7-Eleven in Lan Kwai Fong at 11.45, of course we're late. So we hike up the slopes to Dragoni to look for him. The door bitch, is well a door bitch and wouldnt let us in unless Lionel comes get us "Members Only"...pfffftttt... Lionel isnt in Dragoni... He's at some other club called Volar... jeeez... so we suck it in and descend the stairs in our 4 inch heels back onto the main strip of Lan Kwai Fong, in search of the much elusive Volar.... after being harrased by fat beer butted English dudes and rounding a couple of irish bars, I spot the sign for Volar, infront of a solitary black door with 2 huge bouncers and an anorexic blonde door bitch. After waiting for like 20mins, we finally get in with some help from Lione's friend Fonnie who is a member. The chick must be a member at every club there is in Hong Kong.
Volar has a nice layout to it, theres 2 main rooms to the joint, the first playing some sort of retro electronic music and the other more house stuff, if my memory serves me right. Cos we were in there and decided that hiking the hills of Lan Kwai Fong left us a little bit thirsty and we managed to quench our thirst with 3 vodka tonics before we decided to head out of Volar to Club Hay Hay. Hay Hay is at the backend of Lan Kwai Fong, so it was a trudge up the hills again, and located one the 3rd or 4th floor (I dont remember obviously) of some building. We get there and teh place is packed wall to wall. Its belting out your mainstream hip hop music and its amazing to see some of these local Chinese chicks get ghetto sluttish to the music. We hung around for abit and decided it was all too exciting for us NOT! Not a single cute guy in sight might I add, and head home to the comforts of our icey cold hotel room.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home